If you’re considering Invisalign in Brambleton, VA, you may be wondering if you're a good candidate for treatment at Bobbio Family Dental. Is this orthodontic treatment right for you? Find out in this blog, or schedule an orthodontic consultation with Dr. Jennifer Bobbio now.
What Can Invisalign Treat?
Invisalign can treat most of the same things as other methods of orthodontics, such as traditional braces. This includes:
- Crooked and crowded teeth – If your teeth are crooked or crowded, Invisalign can shift them into the proper position and provide you with a more even, healthy, and appealing smile.
- Uneven and gapped teeth – Invisalign is commonly used to treat uneven teeth, as well as gaps between the teeth, especially the front teeth. With Invisalign from Bobbio Family Dental, you’ll get the smile you’ve always wanted.
- Bite problems – Whether you have an overbite, underbite, or any other bite problems, Invisalign can help move your jaw and teeth into the proper position. This enhances your appearance, your smile, and your overall oral health.
How Does Invisalign Compare To Other Clear Aligner Options?
Invisalign was the first clear aligner therapy to be approved by the FDA in 1998, and it’s still the best option. That’s why we use it at Bobbio Family Dental, instead of competitors like ClearCorrect or SureSmile. With Invisalign’s advanced materials, variety of treatment options, and detailed treatment plants, Dr. Bobbio can ensure you get the best possible smile in the shortest possible time.
Who Is The Ideal Invisalign Candidate?
So, are you a good candidate for Invisalign? The best way to find out is by scheduling an appointment at with our Brambleton dentists. Usually, ideal Invisalign candidates fit the following criteria:
- Minor-to-moderate orthodontic issues – Invisalign can handle most orthodontic problems, with the exception of very severe problems with the alignment of your teeth and your bite. For these patients, traditional orthodontics like braces may be a better option.
- Free of any oral health problems – To get Invisalign, your smile must be healthy. This means no cavities, no gum disease, no infected teeth, and no other major oral health problems. If Dr. Bobbio notices any oral health issues, these will need to be treated before you can get Invisalign treatment.
- Diligent about improving their smile – Unlike braces, Invisalign is removable. That’s a good thing, since you can maintain your normal diet and clean your teeth more effectively. But this also means that you must be diligent about wearing your aligners, and willing to wear them for at least 20-22 hours per day. If you don’t wear your aligners enough, your treatment will fall behind.
Can I Get Invisalign At Bobbio Family Dental?
Yes! Dr. Bobbio is an expert in Invisalign treatment, and is a member of the American Academy of Clear Aligners. If you think that you’re a good candidate for Invisalign in Brambleton, VA, our team is here to help. We’re always accepting new patients at our office. Give us a call at (703) 402-0281 or contact us online to schedule an orthodontic consultation, and find out if Invisalign is right for you.